Director of Training and Service
He or she will be responsible for insuring that Report for America provides world-class training and support, both at the beginning of the service term and throughout the experience.
- Designing and managing annual, in-person training events, working closely with other staff at the GroundTruth Project
- Managing the system of ongoing support and training throughout the year
- Developing education-focused partnerships with trade organizations and institutions.
- Creating and maintaining a network of mentors and coaches
- Managing the corps members’ community service projects
- Working closely with the Corps Excellence team to identify and meet the training or support needs of the corps
- Experience working with young professionals or young journalists
- Experience with journalism training or education
- Some experience facilitating distance education / training, a plus
- Event or conference planning experience, a plus