Lead efforts to generate support from local and regional funders and work with local news organizations to raise local philanthropic support. Reports to the President of Report for America.
- Raise money from local and regional foundations for the Report for America program
- Work with local news rooms to identify and solicit funds from local philanthropy (foundations, individuals, corporations) to provide the “local” share for Report for America reporting positions
- Work with GroundTruth’s Development Officer as well as the CEO of GroundTruth to generate support for Report for America in general and to coordinate with the Ground Truth’s development strategy.
- Several years of experience in nonprofit development
- Experience in training or teaching (to help train local news organizations how to advance their local fundraising efforts)
- Passion for, and familiarity with, the cause of local journalism