The GroundTruth Project is seeking a Deputy Digital Editor to join our team at our headquarters at WGBH, the flagship PBS station in Boston. We’re looking for someone with solid digital experience and a passion for reporting who is drawn to our mission to train the next generation of journalists through our global reporting fellowships and our local reporting service initiative, Report for America. This person thrives in the spirited environment of a fast-growing startup news organization.
Working closely with GroundTruth editors and reporters, the Deputy Digital Editor will be responsible for helping edit content and develop digital reporting projects related to our coverage areas and programs. The Deputy Digital Editor will report to the Senior Editor.
- Work closely with Senior Editor and Digital Editor to assign, develop and edit written and multimedia content by our network of corps members and fellows.
- Collaborate with editorial team to edit newsletters and original content, and publish assets through our CMS
- Produce original social media content and support and amplify the content of our editors, fellows and contributors
- Contribute to the shared editorial calendar, identifying coverage opportunities and developing the resources to carry them out
- Work in tandem with editors and reporters to support production of additional media assets, including podcast and documentary films
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and 1-2 years of related experience in digital publishing as an editor or reporter.
- Ideal candidate is highly disciplined, self-motivated, and flexible to the various pressures and changing priorities of any given project -- and have an interest in working with emerging journalists.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task with a sharp eye for editing, including copy editing.
- Employment eligibility to work with GroundTruth in the U.S. is required, and candidate must be able to work full business hours at our headquarters in Boston.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Previous experience with WordPress and working in a CMS preferred.
Please note that these job descriptions are not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
The GroundTruth Project is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.