Director of Recruitment
Responsible for recruiting prospective corps members and newsrooms, and overseeing the process by which they are screened and selected. Your location is negotiable.
- Establishing relationships with a wide variety of professional organizations, universities, newsrooms and other sources to ensure that RFA attracts applicants who are geographically, ethnically and culturally diverse. This person will also seek out diverse newsrooms to partner with, including nonprofit and for-profit shops, ethnic media, and TV, radio, print and digital partners. (Travel is required.)
- Conveying the RFA mission to various groups with passion and sincerity.
- Overseeing the selection process. This includes working with the selection manager to fine-tune the application, setting deadlines and creating a smooth workflow process.
- Securing and training judges. We are going to need a hundred or more volunteers for these jobs.
- Working collaboratively and well with other directors and staffers.
- A successful history of work with professional organizations, universities, students and/or newsrooms, and many deep connections.
- Evidence that you’ve successfully overseen and delivered big projects.
- Some experience as a journalist.